- What is Juice?
- Making Juice Happen
- Press Kit
What is the Creative Community?
Juice and the Creative Community: A Perfect Fit.
The Creative Community is based on several factors as defined by the Creative Economy Council:
- The rising importance of creative workers creating new jobs and companies, and the incorporation of these same workers helping mature companies re-tool and re-think the future.
- The recognition that as well as being significant contributors to quality of life as it relates to a specific place or community, the arts, and cultural assets can also be important economic drivers for the region.
So, who are these Creative Workers and where do they live? They are part of our diverse, global community. As a result of the available technology, they can move, re-locate and live in any community of their choosing. And, they are choosing Maine. Quality of place, and an ability to “bring their work with them” make Maine increasingly, part of the larger Creative Community equation.
Midcoast Magnet, an economic development nonprofit organization, recognizes how crucial it will be for Maine to foster and develop their communities now and for the future, providing places where creativity can thrive. Juice was designed to stimulate conversations that lead to collaboration, creating opportunities for dynamic and innovative economic expansion that will benefit the community at large.
Juice is Maine’s Creative Economy conference. Collaborating partners include the Maine Arts Commission, Maine Development Foundation, and Maine Technology Institute. With Cornerstone Sponsorship from Bangor Savings Bank, Juice 4.0 will feature a variety of speakers, representing both state and regional leaders from a cross section of industries and organizations, brought together to energize, educate, and motivate conference attendees.
Who Attends Juice?
Juice is about making plans for action. We're looking for leaders and emerging leaders, from Maine, New England and the Canadian Maritimes, people who can come in and lend not only their thoughts, but the action of their communities and organizations.
- Owners and managers of creative businesses: technology agencies, arts and media, cultural industries, creative networks and portals.
- Economic, cultural and community development organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
- Public policy makers and advisors active in economic and social regeneration, creativity, the arts, media and business clustering.
- Professionals and consultants in cultural and economic development, town planning, city management, investment and venture finance.
- Researchers, academics and students in related disciplines.
- Entrepreneurs in creative businesses
- Suppliers of goods and services to creative business clusters - e.g. legal, financial, IT, property development and media professionals.
Who Should Attend Juice?
Artists, marketers, bioneers, networkers, small business owners, educators, creatives, designers, chambers of commerce, youth developers, techies, innovators, industry leaders, policy makers, ceo’s/vp’s, town planners, economic developers, non-profit directors, green building industry professionals, entrepreneurs, real estate professionals, investors, librarians, historians, organic gardeners, marine/boat building professionals
See what people said about Juice 3.0!
Thank you Juice. Looking forward to Juice 4.0, November 2014!
I am soaring from…[the conference] speakers, workshops and performances.
SO many wonderful moments of inspiration and contacts to follow up on. This is such an awesome state! Thank you for making this conference happen with such grace and light!
One of the most interesting, vital, engaging and inspirational conferences of my very conference-experienced life.
Thank you Juice Conference for all the inspiration....I’m ready to take some risks!
Thank you to Juice…for a great conference. It is wonderful to gain the energy, inspiration, strength and ideas from throughout Maine and across various industry sectors.
Thanks Juice for a great event and pitch contest!
Terrific Juice Conference! Informative workshops, made new friends, new contacts - if you are a small business in Maine, it's well worth it.
What an amazing event, kudos to the Juice Conference team and the leadership.